The subject of musical theory can seem a bit daunting at first due to the amount on information written on the subject such as modes and so on but this shouldn't put you off as it doesn't need to be confusing.
The "harmonisation of the major scale" is an important area to cover and the use of prepared lesson demos and clear charts help to achieve this.
Once the basics of harmony, rhythm and melody become clear you will soon be able to
- Perform tight rhythm in a band situation
- Improvise great sounding solos using modes
- Compose your own songs
I have recorded some modal backing tracks to help with practise.
- Harmonising the major scale
- Scale selection
- Using extended chords and substitutions
- Rhythm charts
- CAGED system
- More chord extensions
- Advanced string bending and vibrato
- Legato techniques
- RGT Grades 1-8